Monday, 19 January 2015

Preliminary Task magazine production

Here is my school magazine finished, My target audience for my magazine is students in secondary school to higher education and the students ages is 11-19 and this magazine is made to help students in their educational needs to help them achieve and that's why the title is called 'Success only a page away' with this as the title of my magazine it will get my target audiences attention. The reason why I chose the target audience age 11-19 because the information I gathered from my research from my survey.


How I made my magazine is with adobe in-design, it was hard at first to use adobe in-design because I am not used to it and I don't know how to use the techniques but after making my school magazine I know how to use it better than before a
nd I know some of the basics like zoom in, zoom out, changing the shape of the pictures, to grid and manipulating text and other things.








The title of the magazine is called 'Success only a page away' this gets the audiences attention right away because everyone in education wants to achieve with the highest mark possible so if they buy this magazine they have an advantage to make their grades boost to achieve the highest mark possible to get into a certain job they want or a certain sixth form and collage also a good University. Also the magazine title suggests that if they buy this magazine they will become successful in education and this will lead them to an successful life if they get good grades.

The colour I used for the title is red because the colour red stands out the most and its important to get the audiences attention for them to stop and look at the magazine, the font size of the title is that size(size 43)


The reason why the I used the person on my front cover magazine is that he is similar age to thoughs who is in education so its relevant to the audience who might want this magazine.

As you can see here, this is the front cover of my school magazine, the shot that I used for an medium shot of the boy on the front cover of my school magazine also the boy is winking this shows that he is an friendly type of person also the winking is promoting the magazine in away because the title of the magazine is called 'success only a page away' and the winking is saying that its true and its going to happen by reading the magazine also the background I used for this magazine was an school library and it works well with the magazine because the magazine title has the word 'page' and the background picture is books so its shows in a way that books is the answer for the audience to achieve.

I added an barcode to make it similar to an real magazine also in this barcode is the date and the price, I did this because usually the price and the date is in the barcode or near the barcode.

The writing on the front cover is just giving tips about how to achieve in education like the one that is in the colour white but a red outline saying "Don't procrastinate" this tip is very important for an student who is in education because the sometimes students leave the work till last minute and that is bad because they can't get it in much detail as they want but only do it to a minimal so the teachers will just accept and this can lead the students to underachieve because they do this again and again this means they have no time to do improvements on the work because the teacher might has to move on to the next topic or has to send it to the examiners.

The font colour of "Don't procrastinate" is white with an red outline I did this because if it was black the audience would't be able to see it and that isn't good to have for any magazine to have because if the audience can't see it then whats the point of having it there also the magazine is for the audience so its in their favour for them to see it and also it wouldn't been sold if the audience couldn't read it.

Also another text that is on the front cover is a quote from Nelson Mandela and people know him and like him so they might read what he is saying so using Nelson Mandela quotes is promoting the magazine for the audience to buy it and read it.

The font colour of "Education is the most powerful weapon which you use to change the world" Nelson Mandela is dark green and the outline is dark red because I haven't fully mastered changing colour in adobe in-design and this is one of my improvements I need to do because colour is very important for the main task that I have to do in the future so I can use colour to express the music genre when I know what type of genre I am doing or want to do.

Here is my content page of my magazine,its an picture of an library because its look educational and its supports the front cover due its in an library and on there is 20 pages in my magazine and if you look carefully you notice that the text goes in, out, in, out like an zigzag.

I position the text in a certain way that it won't go on the parts where the audiences can't read it probably.


                                                                                                                        







                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment