Development of the front cover

This is the original picture and this is the picture I am going to use for my front cover and I want to use this because its a medium shot and the audience can see the facial expression of Nathan and see his body language and he is making an rock out sign/symbol.
I used photoshop to change the picture, I darken it because it was slightly overexposed and it didn't look good like that if I put an overexposed photo on the front cover it would look unprofessional also its not a code and convention to see an main image which is overexposed.The first two top functions makes the main image slightly darker so it will be suitable to be a front cover and make it not overexposed.
"Background copy 2" is the main image of Nathaniel and it has no background just the main image of the Nathaniel and that is in front of the other main image.
"Fullmetal" is the masthead and I want it behind the main image because its the code of convention to have the masthead behind the main image also the effects I change to the word "fullmetal" by clicking on "drop shadow", "Inner shadow", "Bevel and Emboss" and satin" and this make the fullmetal masthead red and to have a shadow behind it.
This is the fullmetal logo and masthead.
This is the picture that has the background and this is main image that is behind the other main image and thats how I put the masthead behind the main image.This is what the front cover main image looks like now and the background colour makes the masthead stand out more than before.

And I added some coverlines towards the magazine and this is what my front cover looks like.


No comments:
Post a Comment