Monday, 27 April 2015

Why I chose the second draft than the first draft


First attempt

This picture is the first attempt of my front cover so far and I want to make another one because it is unlikely for a heavy metal/rock magazine to be in black and white also the picture is slightly overexposed and this when I use the black and white colours and this is not a good thing. also I didn't really follow the code and convection about the masthead being behind the main image also the logo takes a large part of the main image. The main image looks overexposed and that's not good it looks unnatural also his hair has white bits at the end.


















Second attempt




I am not going to use the fullmetal logo because there is no place to put it in my front cover and it doesn't really make an big impact of to my magazine if I am not going to use it because not all magazines has a logo also I can use the masthead as the logo because it is one of the codes and convection for a magazine to use the masthead as the logo of the magazine because using the logo the audience can tell which magazine it is because of the logo and its the same thing with the masthead, the audience can know the magazine due to the name of the magazine also the colour scheme I am using for my masthead.




In this one I have followed the code and convection of my front cover also in colour looks better because the main image doesn't look overexposed as before in the black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment